Families of the Fallen
The USO supports dignified transfers at Dover Air Force Base, Delaware - the first stop on American soil for US troops who have paid the ultimate price while serving their country. Most of the time, families begin their trip to Dover within hours of being notified of their loss. USO staff and volunteers throughout the country work around the clock to ease the burden of families traveling to and from Dover Air Force Base to witness the return of their loved one.
USO San Antonio:
- Works with the airline and airport security officials to expedite the check in process.
- Connects family members arriving from multiple locations and arranges for accommodations if a family’s flight is missed or delayed.
- Coordinates with each military branch to link families with ground transportation to and from Dover Air Force Base.
- Supports military escorts who accompany their fallen comrades to their final homecoming.
- Assists families traveling to and from memorial services when requested.
United Through Reading Program
Who couldn’t use a little pick me up, even on the best day? The USO realizes this and understands that what makes one person calm and relax…
With plenty of entertainment options throughout the year, make sure to check with the USO the next time someone says, “I’m bored!”
Donuts. Gourmet Pastries. Sandwiches. Mexican Food. You name it! If you need a snack break or want to enjoy a meal with your buddies or yo…
No one likes being away from family, friends, and traditions for major holidays. That’s why we try to make it easier through special events…
So it’s happened again. You’re the new kid on the block. Sounds like you could use a helping hand and a friendly ear. We’ve got both!
Whether it’s a trip home to visit the folks, a PCS, or looking toward civilian life, we know our service members and their families are on …
USO Transition 360 Alliance℠ Resources
Resources for a Smooth Transition from Military to Civilian Life. What’s Next? The USO Transition 360 Alliance brings together top organiza…
Every other Wednesday Dianna Ackerley conducts a cooking class from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm at USO JBSA Fort Sam Houston. She focuses on health…